Realme released a whitepaper titled “Making 5G Global: Accessibility for All” in partnership with Counterpoint Research. The paper explores the adoption of 5G smartphones globally, the current market landscape, technical trends of the 5G evolution, and the leading brands and regions taking up 5G.
Global 5G smartphone sales continue to grow steeply, but a tale of two markets unfolds
According to the paper, the global adoption of 5G is outpacing all previous generations. In Q1 2021, within just one year after the launch of the world’s first commercial 5G network, almost one out of every three smartphones sold worldwide was supported by 5G. Developed markets have been driving 5G adoption. However, this is expected to change as more emerging markets are starting to launch commercial 5G services.
A steep decline in smartphone prices are helping to drive up adoption rates
The whitepaper unveiled some surprising findings on the price trends of 5G smartphones: while premium segments have traditionally dominated in the early adoption stage of previous generations, 5G has brought a new dynamic to the market. In 2020, 5G phones in the low-to-mid-range price segments accounted for nearly 40% of all 5G devices sold. With average selling prices (ASP) likely to continue declining by double-digits in the foreseeable future, it is expected that one out of every two smartphones sold globally will support 5G by the end of 2022.
Design and performance are key as young users upgrade to their first 5G device
realme contributed to the paper with its survey findings and insights on young people’s usage trends and expectations on 5G phones, which suggest that although affordability is important, young users are not willing to compromise on design or performance. They expect 5G phones to show how the new technology is a radical evolution from the past, including through unique designs and feature sets. There is a strong desire amongst young consumers for thinner, lighter, and more appealing designs, along with improved functional elements such as screens and battery capacity.
realme is joining the ranks of the leading 5G smartphone players
In addition, the whitepaper explored the market share of 5G phone sales globally in 2020 and named realme the world’s fastest growing player with a 65% Y-o-Y growth in 2020. realme first became one of the top ten 5G smartphone vendors in Q1 2020, due to the company’s strong online presence and robust portfolio across the mid-end segment. In the highly competitive US$100 – US$199 wholesale ASP band, realme ranked third, while also gaining significant market share in the US$200 – US$299 mid-end range.
Sky Li, CEO, realme commented, “It’s encouraging to learn that the global adoption rate of 5G continues to grow steadily with developed markets experiencing adoption levels approaching 80%-90% while emerging economies are set to become the next big growth driver of 5G. realme is committed to popularizing 5G and is well-positioned to do so with our strong global presence, particularly in emerging markets, unique connection with young, savvy consumers, significant investment in our product R&D, and a diverse portfolio of 5G devices.”
“realme believes that 5G smartphone development has entered the 2.0 era, and a more complete 5G mobile experience is gradually becoming the new standard. We intend to further increase our 5G offerings, providing a more enhanced 5G mobile experience not only through premium product specifications, but also more innovative designs. We will also expand our product portfolio to offer affordable devices without compromising on quality and premium flagship products leading on technological innovation,” added Madhav Sheth, Vice President, realme and Chief Executive Officer, realme India and Europe
Peter Richardson, VP & Research Director, Counterpoint Research, stated in the whitepaper, “Every generation of cellular technology has seen a different mix of players taking the lead. In 3G it was Nokia, with Samsung taking over in 4G. As we look ahead, the list of players is growing more diverse. realme is one of the fastest growing brands in the 5G era, thanks to its appeal to younger users who are bound to form a core part of the 5G market.”
LG Launches Exciting Deals for Consumers, Valid Till 31st July
LG Electronics announced its latest consumer campaign “Together We Can Make Life Better”, offering exclusive deals and assured gifts of up to INR 35000 for consumers. Under this campaign, consumers can prebook and purchase their favorite LG products sitting at home, coupled with easy finance schemes, cashback, and convenient EMI options, valid till 31st July 2021.
Keeping safety and convenience at the fore front, LG Electronics has taken measures to help customers pre-book their favourite LG product from the safety of their homes. Consumers can visit the dedicated LG website and register themselves along with the product they wish to buy. LG will also be providing online demo for products, ensuring customers are well informed of their purchase along with cashless payment across various online portals. Once the order has been placed, the product will be delivered at the customer’s doorstep followed by a contactless installation.
Offers and deals under the – ‘Together We Can Make Life Better’ program, apply to all LG consumer electronics products. LG will be providing assured gifts of up to INR 35,000 and cashbacks of up to 17.5%. Consumers can pay only INR 1 and take-home LG home appliances with Easy EMI options. Additionally, consumers looking to upgrade, can benefit from LG’s #UpgradeResponsibly campaign and exchange their old TV to get INR 10,000 off on the purchase of a new one.
Speaking of the initiative Young Lak Kim- MD -LG Electronics India said – As a consumer centric brand, LG has always kept consumer wellbeing as top priority. Owing to the lockdown, we have witnessed increase in consumers demand to upgrade and equip their homes with the latest technology. Addressing this demand, our latest pre-booking offers will enable consumers to purchase their favourite LG product from the safety and comfort of their homes. We are confident that the latest offers for our diverse range of products, will enable consumers to upgrade and enrich their lives.
Customers looking to purchase LG’s premium 55 UHD; Nano cell & OLED TV’s, can benefit from Special Consumer finance offers, wherein, customers can pay 24% & the balance in 24 easy EMI’s (offer valid for select products).
Redmi India Sold 2 Million Note 10 Series Smartphone Worth Rs. 3000+ Crores
Redmi India announced a new all-time high record with Redmi Note 10 Series, achieving sales of over 2 million units worth INR 3000+ crore*, across all platforms ever since its launch. With best in class specifications and features, Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10S and Redmi Note 10 offers a premium and enriching experience to the consumers.
Sneha Tainwala, Business Head, Redmi India, said: “Since the launch of the first Redmi Note in the country, Note series have set some really high standards in the category with our devices becoming the de-facto choice in the mid-premium price segment. We are overwhelmed and grateful to our Mi fans for this huge response and support we have got from our Mi family, fans and consumers. With this quantum leap, the 3000+ crore is an achievement that testifies our commitment as well as customer satisfaction with the brand. As we continue to strengthen our footprint, we hope that we continue to deliver a seamless and unique experience to our consumers even during this unprecedented time.”
Designed to offer best-in-class features and premium technology, Redmi Note 10 series pack high-end features such as 120Hz Super AMOLED Display, 108MP camera, Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 732G, and a lot more, making them 10/10 smartphones.
Amazon Brings ‘School from Home’ Store with Exciting Offers
With ‘School from Home’ becoming the new normal across the country, Amazon.in announced the launch of a ‘School from Home’ store. The specially curated store offers a wide selection of products across Study and Writing essentials, Stationery, Laptops, Tablets, Mobile Phones, PCs, Headsets & Speakers, Amazon Devices, Printer, and Home furnishing among others to help parents, teachers and students create an effective learning hub at home.
Customers can enjoy easy access to the store through voice navigation by using Alexa on the Amazon shopping app (Android only). Users can tap the mic icon on the app and simply say – “Alexa, go to school from home store” and land on the store without any clicks and avail offers on schooling essentials such as Laptops, Tablets & PCs, Headsets & Speakers, Amazon Devices, Printer, Study Tables & Chairs and so much more.
Here are some popular picks from the store on Amazon.in. All offers & deals are from participating sellers.
Make learning at home easy:
- Mi Notebook Horizon Edition 14 Intel Core i5-10210U 10th Gen – It is a stunningly compact, thin, and weighs just 1.35kg with a beautifully designed 35.5cm Horizon display with super-thin 3mm bezels which gives you an immersive viewing experience that you will love on the laptop. Equipped with the 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processor, the Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition is a productivity powerhouse that lets you multitask like a Pro. Whether it’s binge-watching, coding, or designing you will experience the Mi Notebook delivering on the promise of speed and performance at its best. It is available for INR 54,999.
- Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus Tablet – It is an impressive media tablet from the 2nd generation tab family. Outside comes with the standout metal design, premium look and feel with modern simplicity. Inside lies a 10.3″ FHD screen and dual speakers for immersive entertainment. This is one tablet you will want to use and pass around the house. It’s 4GB RAM, 128GB internal memory expandable up to 128GB, Single Nano SIM” to “2GB RAM, 32GB internal memory. Get this for INR 13,999.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite – It is the ultimate notepad for students looking for a tablet with a stylish design and compact body. The Tab S6 Lite features a variety of editing tools as well as the S Pen, which looks and feels like a real pen, so you can reach your potential productivity. Packed with solutions ranging from MDE, partnerships and kids’ content, you won’t miss out on our signature Galaxy experience. And with the LTE model, you can stay connected wherever you are. From learning to entertainment, change the way you have “me” time with the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. You can buy this starting INR 27,999.
- All-new Echo Dot (4th Gen) – The latest launched 4th Gen Echo Dot smart speaker is the perfect companion for your home and kids. Make every day learning fun and engaging by getting your kids to just ask Alexa! Just have them ask “Alexa, tell me about pyramids” or “Alexa, play nursery rhymes”. Alexa can also teach kids about spellings, grammar, calculations or play bedtime stories, quizzes and so much more. Get it for INR 3,799.
- Kindle (10th Gen), 6″ Display with Built-in Light – Gift your child the joy of reading. Kindle (10th Gen) comes with a built-in adjustable front light so you can read indoors and outdoors and at more times of the day. Purpose-built for reading, Kindle features a glare-free touchscreen display that reads like real paper, even in direct sunlight. Read distraction-free, highlight passages, look up definitions, translate words, and adjust text size—without ever leaving the page. Prime members can read free with unlimited access to hundreds of books, comics and more. Get it at a price of INR 6,799.
- Egate i9 Pro Android Large Display LED Projector – Designed for those who crave for perfect motion picture reproduction, with an essential delicate balance of Quality & Affordability. i9 series are tailored for Home Cinemas in personal rooms or controlled light environment to give accurate images and consistent color performance as intended for you. This smart projector has inbuilt quadcore CPU, RAM & storage space with latest android OS to give you the complete PC free experience. You can buy this for INR 9,990.
- boAt Stone 1200 14W Bluetooth Speaker (Black) – It’s time to enjoy a playback experience like never before, courtesy boAt Stone 1200 14W portable wireless speaker with RGB LEDs. You can buy this for INR 3,999.
Mobile options for attending online classes:
- OnePlus 9 5G – The all-new OnePlus 9 Flagship is here, and it comes with Snapdragon 888 Processor, a Rear Triple Camera Setup Co-Developed by Hassleblad, 6.55 Inches 120 HZ Fliud AMOLED display, 65W Warp Charging. The device is 5G enabled, NFC enabled. It is available for INR 49,999.
- Redmi Note 10 (Shadow Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) – It comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 678 octa-core processor with 11nm process technology coupled with latest MIUI 12 (Based on Android 11) enables low power consumption for a longer battery life and immersive user experience as well as great performance. 48MP Quad camera setup facilitates user to capture high resolution photographs with greater detail in almost all lighting conditions as well as scenarios. Comes with support for Ultra-wide, Macro and Portrait with several modes in the camera app which enhances the photography experience. You can buy this for INR 12,499.
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G – It is Samsung’s #FastestMonster equipped with the blazing fast Snapdragon 750G processor. It comes with a long lasting 5000 mAh battery and a versatile 48MP Quad camera for capturing stunning photos and videos along with a Super AMOLED Infinity-U 6.6” display for a true-to-life viewing experience. It is also equipped with the latest OneUI 3.1, defence grade knox security and Samsung Pay. It is priced at INR 21,999.
Check out these new apparel arrivals:
- Allen Solly Junior Boys’ Plain Regular Fit T-Shirt – Look cool this summer with this Allen Solly junior boy regular fit cotton shirt. It is priced at INR 469.
- A.T.U.N Girl’s Shirt Dress – The soft breathable fabric along with team stripes and a silhouette will make your little girl look smart and trendy for the season. It is available for INR 674.
Nutrition essentials cannot take a backseat:
- Bournvita Health Drink Pouch – Bournvita is a malted chocolate drink mix that is enriched with vitamins (D, B2, B9 and B12). It combines the great taste of chocolate, and goodness of essential nutrients that help with the child’s growth and development. You can buy this for INR 280.
- Cadbury Chocobakes Choc Filled Cookies – Experience the new exciting chocolatey centre filled cookie from Cadbury. Perfect as an indulgent “me time” treat or to relish happy moments with your loved ones and friends. It is priced at INR 300.
Build your own classroom:
- Wipro Furniture Arena Natural Wood Office Desk and Study Table with Inbuilt Storage – If you are looking for future ready designs for your study space that blend in and add more value to the interiors, then this Wipro Furniture Office Desk and Study Table is a perfect choice for you. It strikes the perfect balance of elegance and performance coupled with ergonomics design. This study table is available at a price of INR 14,098.
- Wipro Furniture Adapt Ergonomic Office Chair – This olive-colored ergonomic office chair comes with the compact feature in terms of design, it also made of premium quality material which makes it a smart pick for everyone. It is priced at INR 13,786.
- AmazonBasics Whiteboard Drywipe Magnetic with Pen Tray and Aluminum Trim – A useful tool for any well-organized space, this AmazonBasics whiteboard makes it easier to stay on top of daily schedules, appointment reminders, household chores, work deadlines, and more. The whiteboard can be wall-mounted with the included wall-mounting kit. It is available for INR 999.
- Zinq Technologies Cool Slate Dual Fan Cooling Pad for Notebook/Laptop – One of the most versatile and elegant looking laptop cooling stand that reduces working fatigue for long hours of laptop working. Its 2 USB ports makes working on the laptop much convenient, faster, and efficient. Powered by 2 robust cooling fans which helps in keeping your laptop’s CPU cool enhancing its working life. It has 4 inclination angel options to suit your operation postures. You can buy this for INR 966.
- PAPER PLANE DESIGN Paper Abstract Wall Poster – Ideal for family lounge or living room wall decor, bedroom, cafe and restaurant, kids’ room, commercial spaces etc. These wall stickers decorate your home just in minutes and are easy to install. It is available for INR 270.
Must buy products from Amazon Business
- Lenovo ThinkPad E14 (2021) AMD Ryzen 5 4650U Pro 14-inch Full HD Thin and Light Laptop – Purchase the ThinkPad Reliability with built to withstand rugged usage that can handle accidental knocks, drops, and even spills. It is best suitable for Work/ Learn/ Play from home and comes with pre-installed software i.e. Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019. The inside of the box contains Laptop with battery, charger, and user manual. You can get it for INR 53,990.
- Canon PIXMA MG2577s All-in-One Inkjet Colour Printer – It is a compact All-In-One printer for Low-Cost Printing that offers basic printing, copying and scanning functions. It is available for INR 3,299.
Smartphone5 days ago
Infinix Launches NOTE 10 Series Smartphones, Starting at Rs 10,999
Gadgets3 days ago
Lexar Unveils Ground-breaking Products at Computex 2021
Trending5 days ago
Vivo Appoints Sara Ali Khan as Its Chief Style Icon
Gadgets5 days ago
HIFIMAN HE400se Headphone Launched in India
Gaming3 days ago
Esports Premier League Signs Infinix Mobile as Title Sponsor
Trending2 days ago
Amazon Brings ‘School from Home’ Store with Exciting Offers
Smartphone3 days ago
Realme Introduces C25s with 6000 mAh Battery
Smartphone2 days ago
Realme GT Smartphone Set to Launch on 15th June