The India wearables market grew 170.3% year-over-year (YoY) in 1Q21 (Jan-Mar), shipping 11.4 million units according to the recent data from the International Data Corporation’s (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Wearable Device Tracker . The strong momentum in the watch and earwear categories led to the highest ever first-quarter shipments in India. Watches grew 463.8% YoY in 1Q21 to become the fastest-growing category in wearables, replacing earwear which also maintains a triple-digit growth in 1Q21. The overall wristwear category, which includes wrist bands and watches, grew 74.8% YoY in this quarter, further establishing the importance of fitness and health tracking devices in the country.
However, shipments for overall wearables fell by 24.9% sequentially in 1Q21, owing primarily to a drop in earwear shipments. Following three-quarters of tremendous growth, the earwear category experienced a quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) decline of 28.6% in 1Q21. This decline can be primarily attributed to the leftover inventory with channel partners as it restricted the fresh buying in this quarter.
“The ongoing consumer enthusiasm for earwear devices demonstrates the category’s healthy appetite. Vendors are trying to capitalize on the ride with low and mid-priced devices. This is not only helping lower the category’s ASP but also adding improved features to acquire new users,” says Anisha Dumbre, Market Analyst, IDC India.
Commenting on the offline expansion, Dumbre adds, “The challenges faced by the offline channel due to pandemic had started to witness some normalcy, and vendors also explored the offline expansion as a crucial means to improve their businesses in both hearables and wristwear category. However, the onset of the second wave has again halted the retail sales as most of the key cities are going through lockdowns, further pushing the offline expansion of companies for the next two quarters.”
The wristbands category saw a decline of 22.4% YoY in 1Q21, finishing the quarter with 760 thousand-unit shipments. The category also witnessed a sequential decline of 13.9% as the users continue to migrate to watches. Xiaomi maintained its lead with a 37.3% category share in this quarter. OnePlus, the new entrant in this category, finished second, replacing realme with a 25.2% share in 1Q21.
A total of 1.4 million watches were shipped in 1Q21, the second quarter in a row to record over a million shipments for watches. Noise continued to lead the category with a 26.7%share, followed by BoAt with a 21.9% share in 1Q21. Being just two-quarters old, with aggressive shipments, BoAT has emerged as a strong player in the watch category. With a surge of low-cost devices in the market, the ASP of the category fell to $88, down from $166 in 1Q21. Moreover, the ASP of the category also declined by 31.0% from the previous quarter. This trend highlights that vendors are aggressively looking to capitalize on this market by introducing more affordable devices.
TheEarwear category grew 209.3% YoY with 9.3 million shipments in the first quarter of the year. BoAt, with its multiple devices in its portfolio, continued to lead the overall earwear category with a 29.3% share, followed by OnePlus accounting for a 15.1% share in this category.
The Truly Wireless Stereo (TWS) category grew 284.4% YoY with a 35.0% share in the overall earwear category. This is primarily due to market players focusing more on affordable devices, making TWS devices a popular choice for users. The ASP of the TWS devices further declined by 39.4% YoY in 1Q21. This category was also led by BoAt with a 25.6% share and One Plus finished second with an 11.9% share in 1Q21, mainly supported by OnePlus Buds Z.
Commenting on the growth of the Indian wearables market, Jaipal Singh, Associate Research Manager, Client Devices, IDC India said, “From style to health monitoring, the wearables have now become one of the most sophisticated devices in recent times. The category is witnessing a constant shift in the competitive landscape with new players entering the segment.”
Singh further adds, “The second wave of the pandemic has caused a sudden stir across vendors and channel partners, impacting the planned launches to postpone and delay in deliveries. However, over last year, the value of wearables has rapidly expanded, and hence, the demand for these devices is expected to continue strong in 2021.”
Flipkart is Back with Independence Day Sale, Brings Great Discount Offers
Flipkart is offering huge discounts on Blaupunkt Android Smart TVs range to help Flipkart customers get the most of the sale. The Flipkart Independence Day sale will kickstart from 5th August and the five-days sale will end on 9th August. The e-commerce giant is offering discounts on Blaupunkt Premium TV models which includes the 32-inch HD Ready Cybersound Android TV, 42-inch FHD Android TV, 43-inch Cybersound 4K Android TV and 55-inch 4K Android TV.
So here is a list of Blaupunkt TV series with great sale prices coming on the e-commerce site.
Features of 32-inch HD Ready Cybersound Android TV
- Powered by Android 9 is bezel-less which comes with 40W speaker output,
- Edge-free sound technology
- 2 speakers, 1 GB Ram and 8 GB ROM to offer a smooth viewing experience.
- Price – 14,999
Features of 42-inch FHD Android TV
- Powered by Android 9
- Includes an Ultra-Thin Bezel
- 40W speaker output
- Edge-free sound technology,
- 2 speakers
- 1GB Ram and 8GB ROM.
- Price – 21,999
Features of 43-inch Cybersound 4K Android TV
- 50W speaker output
- Dolby Digital Plus, DTS TruSurround certified audio with 4 amazing speakers
- Dolby MS12 sound technology that can decode and improve Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus powered sound technologies.
- The model is powered by Android 10 and is inbuilt with a 2GB Ram and 8GB ROM.
- Price – 30,999
Features of 55-inch 4K Android TV
- Bezel-less and has a 60W speaker output
- Dolby Digital Plus, DTS TruSurround certified audio, Dolby MS12 sound technology that
- can decode and improve Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus powered sound technologies
- Android 10, 2GB Ram, 8GB Rom and 4 speakers just like the 43-inch version.
- Price – 40,999
Plus, all the models have 5.0 Bluetooth, 2 USB ports, 3 HDMI ports along with voice-enabled remote, ARM Cortex A53 Processor and more than 6000 Plus Apps and Games Like Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5, Sony LIV, Google Play Store with 500,000 Plus TV Shows
Now Purchase All TCL Products on its New Online Store
To mark the celebrations of the 40th anniversary, TCL has announced the launch of their updated e-commerce website. TCL a leading consumer electronics brand has made a mark in the industry by launching some of the products featuring the latest technological innovations. It gladly invites the customers to visit their new online brand store for updates on the latest products, events, upcoming launches and much more. The brand along with this has also announced the launch of several other programs and initiatives for the customers.
TCL on the occasion of their 40th anniversary has thanked the customers for their trust and support. The brand plans to come up with many programs that would be focusing on customer welfare. According to Mike Chen, General Manager, TCL India, “The primary goal to redesign the website was to provide the customers with a new and user-friendly experience. He further adds that the 40th anniversary is not only a meaningful milestone for the brand but a fresh start also. A start to the new journey with an aim to achieve higher goals, by delivering customer-centric products and services.In addition to his statement, he said that Indian customers have always bestowed their support to us and now it’s the perfect time to give back. We at TCL would soon be coming up a ‘Mega-Indian’ UGC campaign around Independence Day exclusively for the Indian consumers”.
TCL has named the month of August to be the ‘Giving Back to Customers’ month. It has also announced that the period from August 3, 2021, to August 6, 2021, would mark the first-ever ‘TCL Super Member Days’, where the customers would be entitled to special discounts and offer on their range of QLED, Mini LED, 4K TVs, P715, P615, smart ACs Elite series and Ocarina series.
The company also said that the celebrations would not stop here and will further continue with the launch of the ‘TCL Rights and Benefits’ program on August 9, 2021. The plan would be live on TCL Home App. The members after downloading the app can enjoy exclusive rights and benefits. Here is a brief of the benefits that one can enjoy under the TCL Rights and Benefits program:
1. The customers would be entitled to a welcome gift which is a 1-month free subscription to ErosNow.
2. Moreover, the customer can participate in the lucky draw and earn a chance to win exclusive discount coupons for TCL products that can be redeemed on the brand store.
3. Not only this, but the company also offers a referral bonus to the customers whereby you can avail yourself a chance to win TCL products simply by inviting your friends to become members.
Indian customers have been an integral part of the company’s growth and as a gesture of gratitude, the brand plans to invite the winners of the ‘Mega-Indian’ UGC campaign to meet and greet the General Manager, TCL India, Mike Chen.
Apple Days Sale Starts on Vijay Sales, Discover Exciting Deals
This August, Vijay Sales is bringing the best possible way to celebrate the Pre-Independence Day Sale. It has announced an exclusive Apple Days sale from 03.08.2021 to 09.08.2021 on all its retail outlets as well as the Vijaysales.com. The consumer retail company has put out special offers on all the latest range of iPhones,MacBook, iPad, Watches, Air pods, Home Pods and Apple Care +.
As part of its Apple Days campaign, consumers can avail of unbelievable offers with effective price of iPhone 11 Starts fromRs.45,999; iPhone 12 Pro Starts at 1,04,990; iPhone 12 ProMax Starts at 1,14,999iPhone 12 Starts fromRs. 67,400; iPhone 12 mini-Starts from Rs. 57,499; iPhone SE Starts fromRS: – 31,990; iPhone XR Starts from Rs 39,199; iPadstarts at 24,500; iPad Pro Starts at Rs.55,900;MacBook Air Starts at Rs. 81,900; MacBook Pro With latest M1 Chip Starts at Rs. 1,07,000; Apple Watch Series 6 starting from Rs. 34,990; Apple Watch SE starting from Rs. 28,900, Air Pods at Rs. 11,290; and Air Pods Pro at Rs. 18,490 Air Pods Max at 52,990.
Unbelievable offers await;
- iPhone 11 starts at Rs. 50,999 Additional Cashback Up to5000 on HDFC Bank Cards;
- iPhone 12 Pro Starts at 1,09,900 Additional Cashback up to 5000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- iPhone 12 Pro Max Starts at 1,19,999 Additional Cashback up to 5000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- iPhone 12 starts at Rs. 73,400Additional Cashback up to 6000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- iPhone 12 mini starts at Rs.63499Additional Cashback up to 6000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- iPhone SE starts from Rs.35,990 Additional Cashback up to 4000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- iPhone XR starts from 43,199 Additional Cashback up to 4000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- Get up to 15% Off on Purchase of Any Apple Care + With iPhone and available in retail stores
- iPad starts at 24,500
- iPad ProStarts at Rs.55,900 Cashback up to 4000 On HDFC Bank Cards
- Get up to 15% Off on Purchase of Any Apple Care + With iPad and available in retail stores
- MacBook Air M1 Starts at Rs. 87,900/- Additional Cashback up to 6000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- MacBook Pro With latest M1 Chip Starts at Rs. 1,14,900/- Additional Cashback up to 7000 on HDFC Bank Cards
- Get up to 15% Off on Purchase of Any Apple Care + With MacBook and available in retail stores
- Apple Watch Series 6 available from Rs. 37,990 Additional Cashback up to 3000 On HDFC Bank Cards
- Apple Watch SE starts from Rs.30,900 Additional Cashback up to 2000 On HDFC Bank Cards, Get up to 15% Off on Purchase of Any Apple Care + With Watch and available in retail stores
- Air Podsstarts at Rs. 12,790; and Air Pods Pro starts at Rs. 20,990;Air Pods Max at 52,990. Home Pod Mini Start at Rs. 9,490Additional Cashback up to2,500 On HDFC Bank Cards.
Gadgets5 days ago
Get Rid of Slow Charging, Mi Brings New HyperSonic PowerBank
Smartphone2 days ago
Micromax Brings its Latest IN 2b Smartphone, Check All Features
Trending3 days ago
Amazon’s GREAT FREEDOM FESTIVAL is Here, Check Top Deals
Gaming5 days ago
Enjoy Best Competitive Gaming at ‘The Rising’ Esports Tournament
Gadgets2 days ago
Increase Your Productivity with Canon’s New Ink Tank Printers
Gadgets3 days ago
Keep a Trak of Your Health & Wellness with Fitbit Luxe
Smartphone3 days ago
Get A Rich Multitasking Experience on New TECNO POVA 2 Smartphone
Apps3 days ago
Paytm Payments Bank Crossed 10 Million FASTags Mark