After growing anti-China sentiment in the nation, and banning 59 Chinese apps in the past few months, the demand for home-grown has increased exponentially. Not just smartphones, people are looking for Indian-origin alternatives to games as well on their smartphones to give it a try. There have been few ‘made in India’ games that have over a million downloads or have impressed the critics as well. Some of these apps have also gained from the lockdown imposed by the government due to the Covid-19. Below are the top five gaming apps that you can download and enjoy.
1. Rheo: Rheo provides live streaming gaming videos, engagement with streamers, and also requests to play with them. It also lets one get access to exclusive tournaments & e-sports events hosted & participated by top gamers in India and stream one’s favorite games from PC, Xbox One, or any Android smartphone. Saksham Keshri and Prakash Kumar set up Rheo in August 2019. The platform aims to build an entertaining ecosystem for mobile gamers, where fans can engage over gaming content, build communities, and chat with each other. The platform has over 100 games on the platform that are streamed online. These include PUBG, Free Fire, and Call of Duty.
2. Twelfth Man: Football is without a doubt the most popular sport on the planet. More than 200 countries have taken up the beautiful game over the years and its fan following is widespread. Owned by NxGn Interactive its flagship product is Fantasy Football Platform: ‘Twelfth Man’, which was launched in April 2020 with professional footballer Sunil Chhetri as its brand ambassador. Twelfth Man is the first dedicated fantasy gaming app for football. It provides a variety of contest types (DFS, League, Live/Offline Trivia, Head-to-Head DFS, and H2H League) as well as monetary and non-monetary rewards to the players. Within a year of the launch Twelfth Man has successfully grown from a document piece to a family of 300k users. The app is currently available in a freemium mode.
3. Paytm First Games: It is the ultimate destination for game lovers who also like to endorse in contests, trivia & everything entertainment. It features a huge collection of games like Tic Tac Toe, Jumps, Ludo to name a few. Its Casual Games section comprises Cut the Rope, Badland, Tom & Jerry Mouse Maze to name a few. It has a total of 300 games.
4. Loco: It was started in November 2017 by the former marketing lead at ed-tech startup Unacademy. The best part is that multiple people can play the game simultaneously, and the prize money gets shared among the winners. Loco also houses some of India’s top competitive gamers such as Jonathan, Ghatak, IND Snax, and Xyaa, who, along with top teams like Fnatic, IND, 8bit, and Team Tamilas, provide viewers with gaming entertainment.
5. Rummy Passion: It is a 13-card India’s most loved and largest 24×7 online rummy game in India that is offered by Passion Gaming. With over 1.5 lakh registered users so far and thousands of players arriving at its vibrant rummy tables every day, Rummy Passion has been clocking a humongous 100% growth every quarter since its inception. Their tables are wide-ranging. Beginning at 10 paise per point and going up to Rs 125 per point, the games cater to a diverse audience. When there’s something for every segment of players, they throng to play the games they love!
Top Google Play Store Alternatives for Android Users
World over individuals, institutions, and Governments are more aware of the role that technology plays in their lives. One aspect that we tend to overlook with our smartphone usage is our choice of store for apps. Here are the best options for Android users for other stores that ought to explore.
Google Play Store
One of the first mobile app stores, Google Play Store was introduced in 2008 with a vision to target the Android market. We all know how successful and popular this app store is across the globe. On average, this store comprises 2,714,499 apps, with 3739 new apps being added regularly.
Samsung Galaxy Store
Available to Samsung app users, the Galaxy Store comes with a minimalistic interface with two tabs on the home screen: games and apps. The store which previously contained themes, wallpapers, games, etc. has recently reshaped itself with more focus on app and content delivery in local languages. As a result, it now also provides a curated list of app, game recommendations, better gaming perks, and app-exclusive features and offers.
Indus App Bazaar
Designed to help users discover new and trending apps in their preferred language, Indus App Bazaar houses over 400,000 apps in English as well as 12 Indian languages, including Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, Tamil and Bengali. Driven to support ‘Made in India’ and ‘Vocal for Local’ initiatives, this app store aims to address the needs of Indian consumers using local and linguistic content. Indus App Bazaar has delivered 1 billion installs+ updates to over 100 million users.
Amazon App Store
Available on all Amazon Fire devices, the Amazon App Store is not just limited to these devices but is accessible to more. To make it more rewarding, Amazon has recently redesigned the store by introducing Amazon Coins, which is a virtual currency to buy apps on discount or for free. This is what sets this store apart from others.
OPPO App Market
Created for ColorOS devices, the OPPO App Market enables users to download all types of Android apps and games for free. The app market offers a wide array of apps that span across categories such as music, social, office, books, photography, health, etc. Both Oppo and Vivo, top Chinese players joined forces to launch this app store to allow developers to market their creations in overseas markets.
Started as an online marketplace of apps for Xiaomi smartphone users, Xiaomi GetApps now supports devices from other manufacturers as well. The best part about this app store is that it offers all popular applications, including PUBG, VSCO, and more than that, it also has a section called ‘Today’, which comprises various useful and interesting apps that are updated regularly.
Huawei App Gallery
A perfect place to discover your next favorite apps and games, Huawei App Gallery offers a wide array of exclusive content, coupled with free welcome gifts, special in-game events, competitions, and prize draws to make app shopping more rewarding for users. Although it doesn’t have common apps like Zoom, Netflix, Facebook, and even WhatsApp, users don’t have to fret because the store has these apps in APK formats. So, nothing can stop you from using these apps anyway.
Times Music Signs Global Licensing Deal with Video Sharing App Triller
Times Music and viral music video sharing app, Triller – announce their global licensing partnership. Times Music is a dominant market shareholder in Punjabi, Bollywood, regional and independent music and this deal would result in making Times Music’s diverse repertoire being available for users of the Triller app, across the world.
All of Times Music’s catalog, with over 56,000 songs is now available on the Triller app, for its massive user base to use the music to create short-form content.
“Times Music’s diverse catalog and its dominating position in the Punjabi and regional marketplaces, gives Triller a significant advantage to navigate the length and breadth of the country. We are very thrilled to have our entire library on Triller,” said Mandar Thakur, COO, Times Music.
“Times Music, one of India’s leading record music labels represents cultural diversity of Indian Music covering prime languages, among many others. As always our goal is to ease creations and move forward to offer our users with an even larger pannier of music to create and share content with freedom” said Raj Mishra, GM, Triller India
Get All COVID Related Information on Bobble AI’s Keyboard
Bobble AI has introduced a section on the keyboard called “Covid 19 Resources”that has credible, real-time links providing nationwide information. All Android users who have default Bobble Indic keyboard across all 120+ Indic & international languages, along with IOS and users of Bobble’s regional keyboards (including Marathi, Malayalam, Bangla and Hindi keyboards) can access information with telephone numbers and addresses segregated into sections: oxygen cylinders, concentrators, ICU beds, ventilators, Remdesivir, plasma donors, etc. These are being collated on a real-time basis picked up from government sources and tweets based on Covid related keywords. All Bobble users can share the links with others.
“The last few weeks have been exceptionally hard, with the second wave of the virus outbreak in the country, and depleting resources. Social media platforms have been filled with people seeking help. Seeing the massive need to provide essential sources of information and resources inspired us to collate a simple and easy-to-share database of important links for Covid-19 related resources. It is time that each organization steps up and contribute in their own way in this hour of grave crisis. ” commented Ankit Prasad, CEO, and Founder, Bobble AI.
Steps to follow
Step 1: Open the conversation where you need to share the leads and select the Fonts option.
Step 2: Select the COVID-19 resources section and share verified covid resources to help others
Feature5 days ago
Samsung Donates INR 37 Crores for India’s Fight Against Covid-19
Feature5 days ago
Vivo Pledges 10 Crores Aid to Support India’s Fight Against COVID-19
Trending5 days ago
Airtel Payments Bank Offers 6% P.A. Interest Rate On Savings Accounts
Gadgets4 days ago
HyperX Launches New Dynamic QuadCast S Microphone
Smartphone5 days ago
Infinix Launches Lucrative Offers for Flipkart’s Big Saving Days Sale
Gaming2 days ago
PUBG Mobile Returning as Battlegrounds Mobile India
Trending4 days ago
Make This Mother’s Day Memorable by Gifting Your Mom a Saregama Carvaan
Smartphone5 days ago
iQOO 7 Becomes Best Selling 5G Smartphone on Amazon