The edge of the network continues to be the epicentre of innovation in the data center space as the calendar turns to 2019, with activity focusing on increased intelligence designed to simplify operations, enable remote management and service, and bridge a widening skills gap. This increasing sophistication of the edge is among the data center trends to watch in 2019 as identified by Vertiv experts from around the globe.
“Today’s edge plays a critical role in data center and network operation and in the delivery of important consumer services,” said Vertiv CEO Rob Johnson. “This is a dramatic and fundamental change to the way we think about computing and data management. It should come as no surprise that activity in the data center space in 2019 will be focused squarely on innovation at the edge.”
- Simplifying the Edge: A smarter, simpler, more self-sufficient edge of the network is converging with broader industry and consumer trends, including the Internet of Things (IoT) and the looming rollout of 5G networks, to drive powerful, low-latency computing closer to the end-user.
For many businesses, the edge has become the most mission critical part of their digital ecosystem. Intelligent infrastructure systems with machine learning capabilities working in tandem with cloud-based analytics are fundamentally changing the way we think about edge computing and edge services. The result will be a more robust, efficient edge of the network with enhanced visibility and self-healing capabilities requiring limited active management.
Sharing views on the edge trend, Sunil Khanna, president and managing director at Vertiv, India, said, “Most industries in India are recognizing the limitations of supporting users and emerging technologies through centralized IT infrastructures and are pushing storage and computing closer to users and devices. That shift is becoming necessary because of the increased connectivity of devices and people and the huge volumes of data they generate and consume. We believe this will require profound changes in the compute and storage infrastructure to support the smart and connected future, particularly at the local level.”
- Workforce Revolution: A workforce aging into retirement and training programs lagging behind the data center and edge evolution are creating staffing challenges for data centers around the globe. This will trigger parallel actions in 2019. First, organizations will begin to change the way they hire data center personnel, moving away from traditional training programs toward more agile, job-specific instruction with an eye toward the edge. More training will happen in-house. And second, businesses will turn to intelligent systems and machine learning to simplify operations, preserve institutional knowledge, and enable more predictive and efficient service and maintenance.
- Smarter, More Efficient UPS Systems: New battery alternatives will present opportunities for the broad adoption of UPS systems capable of more elegant interactions with the grid. In the short term, this will manifest in load management and peak shaving features. Eventually, we will see organizations using some of the stored energy in their UPS systems to help the utility operate the electric grid. The static storage of all of that energy has long been seen as a revenue-generator waiting to happen. We are moving closer to mainstream applications.
- Pursuing Normalization: The data center, even in the age of modular and prefabricated design, remains far too complex to expect full-fledged standardization of equipment. However, there is interest on two fronts: standardization of equipment components and normalization across data center builds. The latter is manifesting in the use of consistent architectures and equipment types, with regional differences, to keep systems simple and costs down. In both cases, the goal is to reduce equipment costs, shorten delivery and deployment timelines, and simplify service and maintenance.
- High-Power Processors and Advanced Cooling: As processor utilization rates increase to run advanced applications such as facial recognition or advanced data analytics, high-power processors create a need for innovative approaches to thermal management. Direct liquid cooling at the chip – meaning the processor or other components are partially or fully immersed in a liquid for heat dissipation – is becoming a viable solution. Although most commonly used in high-performance computing configurations, the benefits – including better server performance, improved efficacy in high densities, and reduced cooling costs – justify additional consideration. Another area of innovation in thermal management is extreme water-free cooling, which is an increasingly popular alternative to traditional chilled water.
ASUS ROG Announces ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports Tournament
ASUS ROG will host its first ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports tournament from March to April 2021. Due to COVID-19 pandemic affecting travel around the region, the tournament will be conducted entirely online, with quarterfinal to final matches livestreamed.
The ROG Masters tournament will feature Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) as the official game title will provide opportunity to teams with enthusiastic players to pitch their skills against each other, as well as the best professional teams from their market and in the region.
The tournament will see various teams from 15 markets across the region vying for the chance to be crowned as the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific Edition CS:GO Champion.
The tournament will be played in three stages played over the course of 2 months:
- Country qualifiers
- Country finals
- Asia Pacific finals
Country qualifiers matches for India will start in the second week of April 2021; 8th April and the finals to be held on the 10th April. The India finals to find the top three teams to represent the country will be livestreamed live on 10th April.
Professional teams from across the region will be automatically placed into seeded positions in the country finals. This gives a greater chance for non-professional, enthusiast teams from India to get through the qualifiers and meet the pro teams in the country finals.
Country Champions will then go on to experience battling winning teams from other APAC markets in the finals that will be livestreamed during 22nd to 25th April 2021.
3 qualifying teams from India finals will stand to win US$800 for first place, US$400 for second place, US$200 for third place. They will then go on to the Asia Pacific finals with the chance to win the following prizes for the championship:
|ROG Masters APAC Championship||APAC Finals (USD/ team)|
Registration and Official Tournament Website
Registration for the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific tournament opens on February 8, 2021 at the tournament’s official website.
Registration closes on February 28, 2021 Further details, match schedules, pro team information as well as rules and regulations can also be found on the tournament website.
Garena Launches Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars
Garena has announced the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Free Fire’s first-ever esports tournament for the South Asia region. Taking place on 6 February, the tournament will feature some of the gaming community’s favourite Free Fire streamers and personalities from India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
The Free Fire community has continued to expand in South Asia and across the world, with the mobile battle royale game the most downloaded mobile game globally in 2020, according to App Annie. Through the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Garena will look to continue its efforts to excite and delight its fast-growing South Asian community with exciting Free Fire content, and to support and develop the incredible online community in the region.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature a total of 12 teams. Each team will be led by one of the top 3 streamers from each of the 4 participating nations – chosen by public voting – in this epic clash to determine the best in the region.
The 12 teams will compete in the Battle Royale Squad mode for a slice of the 1 million diamond prize pool. The ultimate winner of this star-studded tournament will receive 500,000 in-game diamonds; the first and and second runners-up will be awarded 300,000 and 200,000 diamonds respectively.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature some of the most popular streamers and personalities from across South Asia.
The team captains for each nation are:
- Total Gaming (19.4 Million YT Subs)
- Desi Gamers (7.8 Million YT Subs)
- Two-Side Gamers (6.85 Million YT Subs)
- Gaming with Nayeem (1.6 Million YT Subs)
- Illusionist YT (479K YT Subs)
- Gaming With Zihad (698K YT Subs)
- Sooneeta (3.26 Million YT Subs)
- Bshow Mgr (399K YT Subs)
- Tonde Gamer (2.37 Million YT Subs)
- RKG ARMY (1.77 Million YT Subs)
- Unusual Gamer (81K YT Subs)
- The Skinzo FF (75.5K YT Subs)
Fans can witness all the high-octane action by tuning in to the live broadcasts of the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars. These will be hosted on Free Fire Esports India YouTube and Facebook, Free Fire Bangladesh Official YouTube and Facebook, as well as on BOOYAH!.
To cater to the diverse South Asian community, the matches will be streamed with live commentary in 5 languages – Bengali, English, Hindi, Nepali and Urdu.
Top Gaming Accessories for Ultimate Gaming Experience
Witnessing the consumer behaviour being impacted drastically last year, the year 2021 has welcomed an immense lifestyle change for gamers. Gaming has been one of the sectors that witnessed a spike like never before. From casual gamers to professional gamers, the segment realised immense growth in a matter of a few months. A lot of people opted for gaming for the first time with more time in hand, while amateur gamers worked on their skills to shift to pro-level. Owing to ‘isolate and chill’ mode to beat the anxiety and paranoia, a lot of people moved to ‘Play@Home’ and for many, it was rekindling their old gaming habits with the bountiful time in their grasp.
While gaming serves as a boosting engagement, it is important to have the kit and accessories to ensure the seamless and immersive experience of gaming. Especially for those who have just adopted gaming as a new hobby and do not want to invest steeply in buying the expensive accessories, we bring a perfect start-up kit to you that is sure to pave your path to the next level
Logitech G331: Enjoy the whole experience of all your favorite games with Logitech G331 gaming headset that produces big sound to get you into the game. Experience the thrill of a complete gaming experience where you hear everything and everyone hears you. The 6 mm mic ensures that your squad-mates can hear you clear and distinct. It also has an option of Flip-to-mute boom that silences you when you don’t want to be heard. The headphone is all set to work with your PC or Mac or with gaming consoles including PlayStation 4™, Xbox One™, Nintendo Switch™, and mobile devices via 3.5 mm cable. In fact, everything about these headphones is about comfort: The deluxe lightweight leatherette ear cups and headband are made to keep pressure off your ears that is available at Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 5995 .
Logitech G213: Sitting at your gaming desk in front of your gaming monitor might be the way for most PC gamers, but unless you’ve got a killer set-up with a solid keyboard, it may still not satiate your gaming soul. With a RGB color spectrum illumination lets you easily personalize up to 5 lighting zones from over 16.8 million colors to match your style and gaming gear, the Logitech G213 ensures you have a great customisable gaming experience. The G213 comes with a performance that is up to 4x faster than standard keyboards and features keys that are specially tuned to deliver a superior tactile experience. The dedicated media control allows you to quickly play, pause, skip and adjust the volume of music right from the keyboard. the brilliant color spectrum. The G213 also offers 12 function keys with custom commands and more with free Logitech gaming software. This keyboard is available at Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 4995
Logitech G102 LIGHTSYNC: It is of paramount importance to have an exact grip and size while using a gaming mice. With LIGHTSYNC RGB lighting across, Logitech G102 is designed to work seamlessly in any system to enhance your gaming experience. The classic six-button design provides both comfort and confidence that can be customised across 16.8 million colours so you can explore, cast spells, and play just like you want. With 8,000 DPI sensor – The gaming-grade sensor responds precisely to your movements. But if you’re looking to fine-tune controls, free-to-download customization software is easy to use and set up with Logitech G HUB software. it is a complete customization suite that allows you to personalize lighting, sensitivity, and button commands on your G102 mouse. It is available in Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 1985.
Gadgets2 days ago
OSS Infocom Launches eOnz Elite Smartwatch
Trending2 days ago
TECNO Launches Doorstep Delivery Facility
Startups2 days ago
Fyool App Launches New User Interface
Gadgets2 days ago
Top Four Tech Gadgets You Can Buy to Simplify Day-to-day Life
Trending2 days ago
Video Meet Adds Artificial Intelligence to Its Platform
Gadgets3 days ago
Optoma Launches New UHD33 4K UHD Home Theatre Projector
Videos2 days ago
Portronics Wireless Neckbands I Harmonics 216 & 300 Unboxing & Review
Trending2 days ago
Kingston Announces New ‘‘Kingston Is With You’’ Campaign