Practo’s healthcare map finds online consultation empowers women to be more proactive about their health
Data across 6 crore women patients finds women over 50 years of age as one of the fastest growing user base of online consultation for their healthcare need.
- Dermatology issues, stomach pain, kidney stone, chest pain and breast cancer are the most commonly searched terms by women > 50 years
- Women increasingly prefer consulting online: growth of 176% amongst women users using online consult, while 31% growth of women users for physical appointments
- Gynecologist and dermatologist are the top most searched specialties among all Indian women, both for physical and online appointments
Practo’s first-ever healthcare map on Indian women is based on transactions by 6 crore women users in the period of Jan 2018 – December 2018.
That’s nearly 10% of all women in India and 45% of all women Internet users in India. Overall, Practo helps over 2 crore patients each month.
Enclosed below are some key insights:
- Growth in online consultation primarily reflects two trends:
- Women find online consultation an easily accessible, private and trustworthyoption, especially during working hours and late in the night. While women residing in smaller towns and cities find online consult really helpful as it provides them access to top doctors otherwise inaccessible for them
- Online consultation is becoming a great replacement for self-diagnosisand medication as it is more reliable and takes much less time (60 seconds to chat with a doctor, instead of hours online searching)
- Increased focus on mental health and wellbeing:
- Psychiatristemerges as one of the top specialties in online consult. Experts point that women prefer discussing stigma-related or private matters with doctors online
- Depressionemerges as one of the top areas in online consult for women in the age group of 21-30. Experts suggest that this often has symptoms such as loss of interest and enjoyment in practically every aspect of life, in addition to various physical symptoms such as heavy headache, backache, insomnia, restlessness, blurred vision, amongst other such symptoms. It also indicates a growing trend of people seeking help
- Relationship counsellingis one of the two fastest growing issues amongst women booking for physical appointments with 257% growth
- Women use online consultation to discuss issues concerning their children as well. Pediatrics registers a 144% growth in searches. Experts suggest women reach out to Pediatricians esp. at odd hours when there’s an emergency and for second opinions, mostly for their peace of mind
- PCOD/PCOSis on a rise too, with a 135% year on year growth in searches for physical appointments
- Diet and Nutritionhas emerged as the fastest growing healthcare concerns for online consultation, with a 321% growth year on year. It shows awareness and efforts taken by Indian women to maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Experts see the next phase of online consult growth, esp. among women, coming from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities,where getting a trusted doctor and specialist may be a challenge. Jaipur has registered the highest growth in this regard with 666% growth, closely followed by Visakhapatnam at 569% and Guwahati at 375%
- Indian women find Monday 6pm-8pm & Saturday 10am-12pmas the best suited time to see doctors physically, while Monday – Friday – 10am-12pm & 6pm-8pm as the best time to consult doctors online
Access to healthcare for women is not limited to that one individual’s health, but has a wider impact on the community’s health and wellbeing. It’s important for women in all strata of the society, across urban, rural or remote villages to get access to doctors in a timely manner; not just for themselves but for their family which includes the elderly and children. Telehealth is the answer to this, where are the click of a button, women can connect with doctors anytime and for any issues – a routine or minor ailment or in emergency situations. Technology has contributed to reducing infant mortality, maternal mortality, ensuring timely vaccinations for mothers to be and infants significantly. It’s heartening to see this technology reaching out to elderly, esp. women, who have taken very little initiative in the past to take care of their health proactively. It truly has empowered all sections of our society by simplifying the process significantly.”
– Dr. Sanjay Sharma, Jt. Secretary cum Treasurer, Telemedicine Society of India
These are just the highlights. For more information on growing issues and specialties, and specifics on key cities, do check out this handy infographic.
Practo is India’s largest healthcare platform. Our mission is to help people live healthier, longer lives and that begins with access to better insights. This first of a kind report aims to highlight the disease trends facing Indian women. We hope these findings better equip our healthcare providers to understand disease patterns amongst women in India and address them effectively and helps other women become aware of their options when looking to address their healthcare needs.
Dinesh Nair Appointed as Director for Consumer Business Lenovo India
Global technology leader Lenovo has appointed Dinesh Nair as Director, Consumer Business for India region. Dinesh succeeds Mr. Shailendra Katyal, who has recently been appointed Site Leader for Lenovo India and Managing Director of Lenovo’s PC and smart device business in India.
Dinesh Nair has been an integral part of the Lenovo India consumer business for more than 11 years and has worked successfully across several roles. His most recent role was as the sales & channel management lead for Lenovo’s consumer segment in India. He has handled leadership responsibilities across offline general trade retail, distribution management, field sales, eCommerce, large format retail and category management, and has been a key contributor to the company’s growth journey in India.
“During this difficult time in India, we are working hard to ensure the safety of our employees, partners and customers and I am grateful that we have excellent leaders in place to bring our team together and offer this support. I am proud to hand over the reins of the consumer business to Dinesh. At the same time, this is a demonstration of our commitment to developing talent internally. I am sure he, along with the consumer leadership team, will propel the business to new heights,” said Shailendra Katyal, Managing Director, Lenovo India.
ASUS ROG Announces ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports Tournament
ASUS ROG will host its first ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports tournament from March to April 2021. Due to COVID-19 pandemic affecting travel around the region, the tournament will be conducted entirely online, with quarterfinal to final matches livestreamed.
The ROG Masters tournament will feature Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) as the official game title will provide opportunity to teams with enthusiastic players to pitch their skills against each other, as well as the best professional teams from their market and in the region.
The tournament will see various teams from 15 markets across the region vying for the chance to be crowned as the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific Edition CS:GO Champion.
The tournament will be played in three stages played over the course of 2 months:
- Country qualifiers
- Country finals
- Asia Pacific finals
Country qualifiers matches for India will start in the second week of April 2021; 8th April and the finals to be held on the 10th April. The India finals to find the top three teams to represent the country will be livestreamed live on 10th April.
Professional teams from across the region will be automatically placed into seeded positions in the country finals. This gives a greater chance for non-professional, enthusiast teams from India to get through the qualifiers and meet the pro teams in the country finals.
Country Champions will then go on to experience battling winning teams from other APAC markets in the finals that will be livestreamed during 22nd to 25th April 2021.
3 qualifying teams from India finals will stand to win US$800 for first place, US$400 for second place, US$200 for third place. They will then go on to the Asia Pacific finals with the chance to win the following prizes for the championship:
|ROG Masters APAC Championship||APAC Finals (USD/ team)|
Registration and Official Tournament Website
Registration for the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific tournament opens on February 8, 2021 at the tournament’s official website.
Registration closes on February 28, 2021 Further details, match schedules, pro team information as well as rules and regulations can also be found on the tournament website.
Garena Launches Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars
Garena has announced the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Free Fire’s first-ever esports tournament for the South Asia region. Taking place on 6 February, the tournament will feature some of the gaming community’s favourite Free Fire streamers and personalities from India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
The Free Fire community has continued to expand in South Asia and across the world, with the mobile battle royale game the most downloaded mobile game globally in 2020, according to App Annie. Through the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Garena will look to continue its efforts to excite and delight its fast-growing South Asian community with exciting Free Fire content, and to support and develop the incredible online community in the region.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature a total of 12 teams. Each team will be led by one of the top 3 streamers from each of the 4 participating nations – chosen by public voting – in this epic clash to determine the best in the region.
The 12 teams will compete in the Battle Royale Squad mode for a slice of the 1 million diamond prize pool. The ultimate winner of this star-studded tournament will receive 500,000 in-game diamonds; the first and and second runners-up will be awarded 300,000 and 200,000 diamonds respectively.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature some of the most popular streamers and personalities from across South Asia.
The team captains for each nation are:
- Total Gaming (19.4 Million YT Subs)
- Desi Gamers (7.8 Million YT Subs)
- Two-Side Gamers (6.85 Million YT Subs)
- Gaming with Nayeem (1.6 Million YT Subs)
- Illusionist YT (479K YT Subs)
- Gaming With Zihad (698K YT Subs)
- Sooneeta (3.26 Million YT Subs)
- Bshow Mgr (399K YT Subs)
- Tonde Gamer (2.37 Million YT Subs)
- RKG ARMY (1.77 Million YT Subs)
- Unusual Gamer (81K YT Subs)
- The Skinzo FF (75.5K YT Subs)
Fans can witness all the high-octane action by tuning in to the live broadcasts of the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars. These will be hosted on Free Fire Esports India YouTube and Facebook, Free Fire Bangladesh Official YouTube and Facebook, as well as on BOOYAH!.
To cater to the diverse South Asian community, the matches will be streamed with live commentary in 5 languages – Bengali, English, Hindi, Nepali and Urdu.
Gadgets3 days ago
Lexar Unveils Ground-breaking Products at Computex 2021
Gaming3 days ago
Esports Premier League Signs Infinix Mobile as Title Sponsor
Trending2 days ago
Amazon Brings ‘School from Home’ Store with Exciting Offers
Smartphone3 days ago
Realme Introduces C25s with 6000 mAh Battery
Smartphone2 days ago
Realme GT Smartphone Set to Launch on 15th June
Smartphone4 days ago
POCO M3 Pro Launched with Powerful Processor in India
Smartphone3 days ago
iQOO Z3 Launched in India with 64MP Triple Camera
Gadgets2 days ago
Canon Launches New Range of Photo Printers in India