Today, with the emergence of a data-driven ecosystem, the dynamics of the Indian IT industry has changed significantly. With the proliferation of smart devices, connected sensors and the constant and insatiable need for data-driven insights, IT has moved from back office functionality to forefront executive strategy.
Therefore, in order to stay relevant in the future, the efforts to transform the legacy/traditional IT infrastructures have gained a lot more importance for businesses across verticals. Servers form the foundation of the modern IT infrastructure – running a variety of workloads from database to software-defined storage.
As we move ahead in the year 2019, amongst the gamut of factors driving the growth of server industry, Dell EMC shares the top 6 trends which will dominate the server market:
- IT must be the enabler of Transformational Journey: Servers are the bedrock for the modern datacenter, helping businesses become more nimble, intelligent, competitive and adaptive. Hence, businesses must transform and embrace the digital world, with a new business model benefiting from advanced technologies like data analytics, AI, ML and DL
- The Edge is real:The expectations of IT hardware, software and datacenter infrastructure will continue to evolve in 2019. The edge evolution will provide vast potential for how customers and providers use, analyze and distribute data. The creation of POCs (edge proof of concepts) in 2019 will allow all parties to vet and test new technologies and associated cost models
- The Journey to kinetic Infrastructure continues: The terms “composable infrastructure” and “server disaggregation” entered the mind sets of many enterprise IT departments in 2018. 2019 will also see the rise of technologies that allow the composition of certain classes of components. Therefore, it will be a year of acceleration on the kinetic Infrastructure journey
- Data Science business disruption leads need for AI/ML/DL:In 2019, the boundaries of Information technology will be stretched to their limit as the “data creation” IT economy transitions to one of “data consumption.” Thus, as the volume and variety of data, an organization needs to analyse grows, there will be an increasing need to utilize data enriched techniques like artificial intelligence/machine learning/deep learning to help transform this data into information
- Data: On-prem repatriation is happening:As the cloud model continues to mature, companies are recognizing the challenges around public cloud and have started to repatriate data and workloads back to on-premises. To fight the challenges around public cloud, a hybrid cloud model has quickly emerged as a much more appropriate solution for a majority of businesses. This data/workload placement transition is known as cloud repatriation
- Security threats are the new exponential: 2019 will see yet another year of the exponential growth in security threats. Greater focus on encryption will emerge, requiring any data at rest to be encrypted, whether at the edge or in the datacenter, along with robust encryption key management
“Increasing workloads due to penetration of emerging technologies has forced IT infrastructure to deliver modern capabilities that adapts and scales with business needs. We, at Dell EMC believe that 2019 holds a goldmine opportunity for the server industry as the customers give prime importance to transforming their IT infrastructure, says Mr. Manish Gupta, Senior Director & General Manager, Compute & Networking Group, Dell EMC India. With our industry leading server portfolio, we are confident that we are the right digital partners for our customers, helping them to generate their best business potential.”
Dell EMC offers a holistic server portfolio of industry-leading 14th generation PowerEdge servers, which offer scalable business architecture and intelligent automation. The server portfolio also delivers a robust layer of security, across the hardware and firmware. Simultaneously, it offers a cyber-resilient architecture that extends across every aspect of the server, including the embedded server firmware, the data stored in the system, etc., which is the need of the hour.
ASUS ROG Announces ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports Tournament
ASUS ROG will host its first ROG Masters Asia Pacific eSports tournament from March to April 2021. Due to COVID-19 pandemic affecting travel around the region, the tournament will be conducted entirely online, with quarterfinal to final matches livestreamed.
The ROG Masters tournament will feature Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) as the official game title will provide opportunity to teams with enthusiastic players to pitch their skills against each other, as well as the best professional teams from their market and in the region.
The tournament will see various teams from 15 markets across the region vying for the chance to be crowned as the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific Edition CS:GO Champion.
The tournament will be played in three stages played over the course of 2 months:
- Country qualifiers
- Country finals
- Asia Pacific finals
Country qualifiers matches for India will start in the second week of April 2021; 8th April and the finals to be held on the 10th April. The India finals to find the top three teams to represent the country will be livestreamed live on 10th April.
Professional teams from across the region will be automatically placed into seeded positions in the country finals. This gives a greater chance for non-professional, enthusiast teams from India to get through the qualifiers and meet the pro teams in the country finals.
Country Champions will then go on to experience battling winning teams from other APAC markets in the finals that will be livestreamed during 22nd to 25th April 2021.
3 qualifying teams from India finals will stand to win US$800 for first place, US$400 for second place, US$200 for third place. They will then go on to the Asia Pacific finals with the chance to win the following prizes for the championship:
|ROG Masters APAC Championship||APAC Finals (USD/ team)|
Registration and Official Tournament Website
Registration for the first ROG Masters Asia Pacific tournament opens on February 8, 2021 at the tournament’s official website.
Registration closes on February 28, 2021 Further details, match schedules, pro team information as well as rules and regulations can also be found on the tournament website.
Garena Launches Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars
Garena has announced the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Free Fire’s first-ever esports tournament for the South Asia region. Taking place on 6 February, the tournament will feature some of the gaming community’s favourite Free Fire streamers and personalities from India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
The Free Fire community has continued to expand in South Asia and across the world, with the mobile battle royale game the most downloaded mobile game globally in 2020, according to App Annie. Through the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars, Garena will look to continue its efforts to excite and delight its fast-growing South Asian community with exciting Free Fire content, and to support and develop the incredible online community in the region.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature a total of 12 teams. Each team will be led by one of the top 3 streamers from each of the 4 participating nations – chosen by public voting – in this epic clash to determine the best in the region.
The 12 teams will compete in the Battle Royale Squad mode for a slice of the 1 million diamond prize pool. The ultimate winner of this star-studded tournament will receive 500,000 in-game diamonds; the first and and second runners-up will be awarded 300,000 and 200,000 diamonds respectively.
The Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars will feature some of the most popular streamers and personalities from across South Asia.
The team captains for each nation are:
- Total Gaming (19.4 Million YT Subs)
- Desi Gamers (7.8 Million YT Subs)
- Two-Side Gamers (6.85 Million YT Subs)
- Gaming with Nayeem (1.6 Million YT Subs)
- Illusionist YT (479K YT Subs)
- Gaming With Zihad (698K YT Subs)
- Sooneeta (3.26 Million YT Subs)
- Bshow Mgr (399K YT Subs)
- Tonde Gamer (2.37 Million YT Subs)
- RKG ARMY (1.77 Million YT Subs)
- Unusual Gamer (81K YT Subs)
- The Skinzo FF (75.5K YT Subs)
Fans can witness all the high-octane action by tuning in to the live broadcasts of the Free Fire South Asia Showdown: Battle of the Stars. These will be hosted on Free Fire Esports India YouTube and Facebook, Free Fire Bangladesh Official YouTube and Facebook, as well as on BOOYAH!.
To cater to the diverse South Asian community, the matches will be streamed with live commentary in 5 languages – Bengali, English, Hindi, Nepali and Urdu.
Top Gaming Accessories for Ultimate Gaming Experience
Witnessing the consumer behaviour being impacted drastically last year, the year 2021 has welcomed an immense lifestyle change for gamers. Gaming has been one of the sectors that witnessed a spike like never before. From casual gamers to professional gamers, the segment realised immense growth in a matter of a few months. A lot of people opted for gaming for the first time with more time in hand, while amateur gamers worked on their skills to shift to pro-level. Owing to ‘isolate and chill’ mode to beat the anxiety and paranoia, a lot of people moved to ‘Play@Home’ and for many, it was rekindling their old gaming habits with the bountiful time in their grasp.
While gaming serves as a boosting engagement, it is important to have the kit and accessories to ensure the seamless and immersive experience of gaming. Especially for those who have just adopted gaming as a new hobby and do not want to invest steeply in buying the expensive accessories, we bring a perfect start-up kit to you that is sure to pave your path to the next level
Logitech G331: Enjoy the whole experience of all your favorite games with Logitech G331 gaming headset that produces big sound to get you into the game. Experience the thrill of a complete gaming experience where you hear everything and everyone hears you. The 6 mm mic ensures that your squad-mates can hear you clear and distinct. It also has an option of Flip-to-mute boom that silences you when you don’t want to be heard. The headphone is all set to work with your PC or Mac or with gaming consoles including PlayStation 4™, Xbox One™, Nintendo Switch™, and mobile devices via 3.5 mm cable. In fact, everything about these headphones is about comfort: The deluxe lightweight leatherette ear cups and headband are made to keep pressure off your ears that is available at Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 5995 .
Logitech G213: Sitting at your gaming desk in front of your gaming monitor might be the way for most PC gamers, but unless you’ve got a killer set-up with a solid keyboard, it may still not satiate your gaming soul. With a RGB color spectrum illumination lets you easily personalize up to 5 lighting zones from over 16.8 million colors to match your style and gaming gear, the Logitech G213 ensures you have a great customisable gaming experience. The G213 comes with a performance that is up to 4x faster than standard keyboards and features keys that are specially tuned to deliver a superior tactile experience. The dedicated media control allows you to quickly play, pause, skip and adjust the volume of music right from the keyboard. the brilliant color spectrum. The G213 also offers 12 function keys with custom commands and more with free Logitech gaming software. This keyboard is available at Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 4995
Logitech G102 LIGHTSYNC: It is of paramount importance to have an exact grip and size while using a gaming mice. With LIGHTSYNC RGB lighting across, Logitech G102 is designed to work seamlessly in any system to enhance your gaming experience. The classic six-button design provides both comfort and confidence that can be customised across 16.8 million colours so you can explore, cast spells, and play just like you want. With 8,000 DPI sensor – The gaming-grade sensor responds precisely to your movements. But if you’re looking to fine-tune controls, free-to-download customization software is easy to use and set up with Logitech G HUB software. it is a complete customization suite that allows you to personalize lighting, sensitivity, and button commands on your G102 mouse. It is available in Amazon.in at an offer price of INR 1985.
Gaming4 days ago
PUBG Mobile Returning as Battlegrounds Mobile India
Gaming5 days ago
The Esports Club Announces Partnership with Streamcoi
Trending4 days ago
Paytm to Set up Oxygen Plants to Support COVID-19 Relief Efforts
Trending4 days ago
Paytm Unveils COVID-19 Vaccine Finder on Its Mini App Store
Feature4 days ago
Buy Anything from Vijay Sales by Paying Only 10% Under Partial Booking Offer
Infotainment3 days ago
Watch Classic Movies This Mother’s Day on Lionsgate Play
Smartphone3 days ago
Best Smartphone to Gift Your Mom This Mother’s Day
Gaming11 hours ago
HyperX is The Official Global Founding Partner for Riot Games’ VALORANT Champions Tour