Zebra Technologies Corporation announced the results of its latest Asia-Pacific vision study on the Future of Field Operations, which reveals mobile technology investment to be a growing priority for up to 60 percent of Asia-Pacific organizations. The findings indicate that investments will be made in disruptive technologies and enterprise mobile devices to enhance front-line worker productivity and customer satisfaction in field operations including fleet management, field services, proof of delivery and direct store delivery workflows.
“Driven by the acceleration of e-commerce along with customer’s heightened expectations and more focus within companies on differentiating service levels, the field operations industry is rapidly adapting the way it looks at its mobile technology investments,” said Tan AikJin, APAC Vertical Solutions Lead, Manufacturing and Transportation & Logistics, Zebra Technologies. “Our study shows how growing challenges related to the on-demand economy drive organizations to adopt transformative, disruptive technologies such as augmented reality and intelligent labels to provide visibility and integrate business intelligence for a performance edge.”
“Based on our study, the top three trends that are driving changes for field operations across Asia-Pacific including India, are; growing expectations of performance and convenience from end customers, the replacement of paper in the field by mobile technology, and the disruptions to field operations caused by emerging technologies and faster networks,” said Deep Agarwal, Regional Sales Director of India, Zebra Technologies. “In Asia Pacific including India more than half of the organizations have a mobile-first mindset when it comes to adopting enterprise-wide mobile and emerging technologies. And these forward-thinking organizations are setting their field operations apart with three key strategies; the scaling of mobile technology and support technologies enterprise-wide, evaluating the total cost of ownership of mobile technology as a standard practice, and utilizing emerging field operations technologies more extensively to achieve a competitive edge.”
KEY SURVEY FINDINGS
Equipping front-line workers with enterprise mobile devices remains a priority to stay competitive.
- In Asia-Pacific, up to 44 percent of the organizations view mobility investment as a top priority.
- 58 percent of Asia-Pacific organizations are expanding mobile technology to enterprise-wide use – reaching 97 percent by 2023.
- From 2018 to 2023, the use of handheld mobile computers with built-in barcode scanners in Asia-Pacific is forecasted to grow by 41 percent, mobile printers by 60 percent and rugged tablets by 57 percent. The higher levels of inventory, shipment and asset accuracy provided by using these devices is expected to increase business revenues.
Tertiary concerns and post-sale factors are important for organizations when evaluating front-line worker enterprise mobile devices.
- Mobile-first organizations in Asia-Pacific are conducting total cost of ownership (TCO) analysis prior to a major capital expenditure on mobile technology up to 83 percent of the time.
- Only 34 percent of the survey respondents believe that consumer smartphones have better TCO than rugged devices.
Emerging technologies and faster networks are disrupting field operations.
- Mobile-first organizations in Asia-Pacific tend to be early adopters of emerging efficiency-boosting field operations technologies.
- Mobile-first organizations in Asia-Pacific are expected to:
- Implement the use of sensors, radio frequency identification (RFID) and intelligent labels from 76 percent to 98 percent from end 2018 till 2023.
- Make greater use of augmented reality applications from 68 percent to 95 percent from end 2018 till 2023, which can make detail-oriented workflows such as merchandising much more efficient.
- Have greater use of blockchain from 68 percent to 96 percent from end 2018 till 2023 to track goods’ chains of custody or document service by multiple partnering firms.
Corresponding to the developments in the field operations industry, Zebra has launched a new range of enterprise-class mobile touch computing solutions, industrial tablets and high-quality mobile printer for efficient and effective field operations. The TC57 Touch Computers provide a new platform and capabilities to deliver the ultimate in enterprise-class touch computing. The TC77 series touch computer provides maximum simplicity, construction designed to withstand years of the toughest everyday use and abuse. The new Zebra L10 and R12 Xplore rugged tablets offer a reliable way to capture, extract, and analyze data, especially when on the move. The new ZQ120 mobile printer, meanwhile, offers a value-for-money proposition that has the winning formula comprising; affordability, quality, versatility, durability, ‘wearability’ and ease-of-use.
KEY FACTS – TC57 Mobile Computer
- Comes with a greater Wi-Fi performance and coverage with Worry-Free Wi-Fi integration and 2×2 MU-MIMO
- Fast charging battery (90 percent in 2 hours), 14-hour run time and easy onehanded removal
- Has a sensor suite and front facing camera for accurate indoor locationing applications
- Comes Equipped with PowerPrecision Console to easily identify and remove aging batteries from your mobile devices and battery pool
- Provides an end-to-end control over the update process with LifeGuard Analytics
KEY FACTS – TC77 Mobile Computer
- Comes equipped with an Enterprise-class imager with ambidextrous scan buttons enables lightning-fast capture of 1D and 2D barcodes, including Digimarc
- Has a built to handle use and abuse inside and outside the four walls — multiple 8 ft./2.4 m drops to concrete and 2,000 3.2 ft./1.0 m tumbles
- Maximum scratch-resistance and shatter-proofing for the display and camera ‘eye’ with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Is built on one of today’s most powerful processors for superior performance
- StageNow’s new Restricted Mode for control over access to Google Mobile Services (GMS)
- Comes with three different 8th Generation Intel Core™-Series processors and an Intel Pentium®-series processor. Add a PCIe solid-state drive (SSD) for an extra speed boost
- The L10 combines latest-generation Bluetooth® 4.2, 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, UBLOX GPS, optional NFC and 4G LTE mobile broadband technologies to provide uninterrupted connectivity with colleagues, customers, and business systems as mobile workers transition between networks
- Each L10 rugged tablet can be equipped with workflow-specific tools needed for nearly any application including an optional True Serial or HDMI-In port, UHF RFID reader (AEI), and built-in barcode reader
KEY FACTS – R12 Xplore Tablet
- The XSLATE R12 is both MIL-STD-810G and IP54 rated and proven to perform without issue under pressure in extreme operating environments.
- The large 12.5” 1000 Nit full high-definition (1920×1080) display with Anti-Smudge and Anti-Reflective View Anywhere® Technology offers superior visibility even in harsh conditions to provide detailed documents and clearly view images day or night
- With an integrated Intel™ Core™-Series Processors, the tablet offers faster wake times and application processing while with the Intel® PCIe Solid State Drives (SSD), it can deliver an over 2X improvement in disk performance and a 48% improvement in overall system performance from previous generation devices
KEY FACTS – ZQ120 Mobile Printer
- The mobile printer comes with support for multiple media widths giving a flexibility to choose the right media width for the application.
- Supports the largest media rolls in its category giving freedom to print more receipts and labels per roll while carrying only fewer media rolls
- Supports Bluetooth 4.1 Classic and Low Energy (BLE) for a smooth and fastest communication with the host mobile device
- Built for all-day every-day business durability. Users can expect reliable operation, even if the printer is dropped on concrete or used in dusty areas – IP43 sealing (IP54 with case); 1.5 m/5 ft. drop spec.
- Offers the convenience of USB charging. Users can easily charge the printer with their mobile phone USB charger or with the optional in-vehicle cigarette lighter adapter.
Tata Tele business service hosts a Successful discussion with CXOs for resilience & business growth in Post COVID world
Tata Tele Business Services (TTBS), hosted CXO Round Table Discussion with industry leaders on building a new mindset for business resilience and growth. The discussion centered around Respond, Reboot and Reinvent as key imperatives; with large Enterprises reinventing their business models as they continue to respond effectively to the aftershocks of the crisis.
While the potential requirement for many organizations is to build digital competency, the larger goal is to be data-driven and leveraging the cloud capabilities. Moreover, witnessing variable cost structures, agile operations, and automation which could create stronger capabilities with digital presence and security.
According to an IDC report, ‘By 2022, 70% of all organizations will have accelerated use of digital technologies, transforming existing business processes to drive customer engagement, employee productivity, and business resiliency.’
Industry representatives such asUpkar Singh, Director IT, Fidelity Information Services India Ltd., Raj Neravathi – Head of Technology, Titan, Yogesh Kothari – Sr. Vice President, Quatrro Business Support Solutions shared their expertise upon business agility, examples from their professional career and how they are successfully driving the digital transformation journey for their organization.
Addressing the session, Mr. Shibhu Davies, Sales Head – North and East, Tata Communications Ltd. said, “There is a plethora of technology available in the market, understanding the most suitable one for a particular business is the key factor. To thrive in the next normal, companies must be data driven to make critical and timely decisions. While there is an uptick in the businesses investing in data and nimble technologies like cloud and AI, many are still struggling to maintain momentum. Businesses need to get out of cultural obstacles, address data privacy and governance challenges to enhance their degree of business transformation.”
Elaborating further on increasing adoption of Cloud communication, Mr. Shibhu Davies explained, “Cloud Communication suite like Smartflo being offered by Tata Teleservices are inherently designed for a digital or hybrid environment and is well-equipped to deal with the growing overlap between digital technology and enterprise operations. Besides enhanced efficiency and operational flexibility, it offers more robust security to your business with a pre-configured unified threat management system.”
Mr. Upkar Singh, Director IT, Fidelity Information Services India Ltd said “Covid has created an unprecedented impact across all regions – organizations that are flexible both from technology and operational perspective have been able to RESPOND in time, REBOOT their functions and are now REINVENTING result oriented approach”
Mr. Raj Neravathi – Head of Technology, Titan said, “During times of catastrophes, leadership plays a very important role in adoption to change. Composure, calmness, honoring and supporting every internal and external stakeholder through thick and thin helps revive business and defines leadership by example.”
Mr. Yogesh Kothari – Sr Vice President, Quatrro Business Support Solutions said, “Challenges that enterprises are facing in the current times is resistance to change. There is a lack of vision for creating a digital journey for the customer and technology know how for their business”
Highlights of discussion:
Challenges in Technology Adoption
The key challenges faced by enterprises for adopting new technologies extend both towards the changing customer experience along with employee pushback. Merely purchasing and implementing a solution in response to a localized issue does not equate to technology adoption and agility. Organizations are considering two key points, recognizing and responding to the shifting trends in consumer behavior and avoiding the initiatives that target specific issues.
The post-covid world has led to unexpectedly increased customer readiness towards trying new channels for interacting with businesses.
Organizations adopting to technology, lead to driving changes strategically through an ongoing process where being receptive to changing consumer trends helps in the formulation of effective roadmaps. These roadmaps can then be used to build better value propositions by leveraging the right technological advancements, leading to business growth and benefits.
Role of Leadership In Bringing Organizational Change
Leadership plays a very critical role while dealing with catastrophes. From healthcare solutions to virtual classrooms, from facilitating remote work and learning, from re-imagining online business models and digital revenue lines, to stepping up the cyber security, organizations are working on new challenges.
The pandemic has accelerated transformation multifariously for businesses in India. Organizations are re-imagining their business models, relooking at talent management strategies, and fast-tracking digitalization efforts to be more resilient to disruption.
Organizations are simplifying and enhancing their IT landscape, architecting systems for integration, balancing operational and capital expenses using the cloud. Investments are being made towards intelligent systems that provide incremental learning abilities.
Technology Investments for a Digital Future
Over the last couple of months, it has become increasingly evident that digital adoption is not negotiable. Having the right technology to power up digital strategies is fundamental in today’s business world. It is a business requirement without which organizations are not able to grow in a rapidly evolving market landscape.
A good business continuity solution that delivers digital workspaces to access critical applications, have accelerated the performance of organizational applications on remote connections. With right platform and solutions clubbed with excessive trainings, organizations have managed to continue with their operations without major loss in productivity or efficiency.
Digital technologies have caused a shift in customer expectations, resulting in a new kind of modern buyer. Today’s consumers are constantly connected and aware of what they can do with technology. Bringing the employees up to speed to cater to the new age customers has been one of the key form of investments for various organizations.
Respond, Reboot and Reinvent – The New Mindset for Growth
Organizations have taken immediate actions focused on keeping people safe and essential business functions operating. This has been relatively marked with high effort and possibly chaotic activity.
Organizations are adopting to the wholistic approach, recognizing evolving customer demand, channels of information consumption, building continued incremental intelligence including technology that provides agility. Agile decision making and strategy setting by enterprises have outsized performance and established a lead over the competition that sustains long after the initial disruption. By reinventing themselves, organizations have learnt to conduct operational processes and workflows in new, repeatable, and scalable ways.
- Gaining New perspectives, relooking at business models and embracing new models of harnessing technology have become business priorities.
- Reinvent on an ongoing basis to build an agile, adaptive & resilient enterprise for a sustainable future.
- Uninterrupted connectivity between all stakeholders, internally within employees and externally with customers and vendors across platforms and touch points is of critical importance.
Bharti Airtel Announces 5G Ready Network
In a major landmark, Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) announced that it has become the country’s first telco to successfully demonstrate & orchestrate LIVE 5G service over a commercial network in Hyderabad city.
Airtel did this over its existing liberalised spectrum in the 1800 MHz band through the NSA (Non Stand Alone) network technology. Using a first of its kind, dynamic spectrum sharing, Airtel seamlessly operated 5G and 4G concurrently within the same spectrum block. This demonstration has emphatically validated the 5G readiness of Airtel’s network across all domains – Radio, Core and Transport.
Airtel 5G is capable of delivering 10x speeds, 10x latency and 100x concurrency when compared to existing technologies. Specifically, in Hyderabad, users were able to download a full length movie in a matter of seconds on a 5G phone. This demonstration has underlined the company’s technology capabilities. The full impact of the 5G experience, however, will be available to our customers, when adequate spectrum is available and government approvals received.
Gopal Vittal, MD & CEO, Bharti Airtel said: “I am very proud of our engineers who have worked tirelessly to showcase this incredible capability in Tech City, Hyderabad today. Every one of our investments is future proofed as this game changing test in Hyderabad proves. With Airtel being the first operator to demonstrate this capability, we have shown again that we have always been the first in India to pioneer new technologies in our quest for empowering Indians everywhere.”
“We believe India has the potential to become a global hub for 5G innovation. To make that happen we need the eco system to come together – applications, devices and network innovation. We are more than ready to do our bit.” added Gopal Vittal.
Airtel Xstream Fiber Rolls Out Gigabit Wi-Fi Experience
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) has kicked off the New Year with some exciting news for customers with the launch of hyper-fast Wi-Fi experience.
Airtel Xstream Fiber customers can now enjoy 1 Gbps data speeds over Wi-Fi and no longer have to be constrained by a dedicated LAN cable. The Airtel Xstream Fiber Rs 3999 plan now comes with a complimentary 1 Gbps Wi-Fi router to go with unlimited data quota and massive bundled content.
The highly advanced 4×4 Wi-Fi router, will enable seamless 1 Gbps Wi-Fi coverage across Homes and Small Offices. This will unlock a great experience for online gaming and animation and for work or study from home with large number of concurrently connected devices. Small Offices will be able to deploy multiple high speed connections for applications such as stock trading and online collaboration that requires reliable high speed connectivity with zero downtime.
Says Vir Inder Nath, CEO – Homes, Bharti Airtel: “Reliable high speed connectivity is a lifeline in today’s digital first world and Airtel is proud to be at the forefront of India’s broadband revolution. A key ask from our customers was liberation from the LAN cable to enjoy the 1Gbps experience and we are delighted to make that happen.”
Airtel Xstream Fiber’s 1 Gbps broadband plan at Rs 3999 also comes with a complimentary Airtel Xstream Box that offers 550 TV channels and OTT content from the Airtel Xstream app library that includes over 10,000 movies & shows aggregated across 7 OTT apps and 5 studios. It offers subscription to premier video streaming apps such as Amazon Prime Video and ZEE5, all accessible through the Airtel Xstream Box.
Airtel is India’s largest private sector broadband service provider with presence in over 150 cities.
Trending4 days ago
Amazon Brings ‘School from Home’ Store with Exciting Offers
Gadgets4 days ago
Canon Launches New Range of Photo Printers in India
Smartphone4 days ago
Realme GT Smartphone Set to Launch on 15th June
Gadgets3 days ago
RAEGR Launches ‘Vocalz 250’ Condenser Mic Kit
Gadgets4 days ago
Top 5 Best Earphones Under Rs 1,000 in India
Smartphone4 days ago
Mi 11X Series Witnessed Sales of Worth INR 300 Crore
Trending4 days ago
UBON Signs Bodybuilder ‘Sangram Chougule’ as Brand Ambassador
Trending3 days ago
Redmi India Sold 2 Million Note 10 Series Smartphone Worth Rs. 3000+ Crores