The third edition of India’s largest conclave on IoT, the IoT India Congress 2018 in partnership with Exhibitions India Group, started today at the NIMHANS Convention Centre, Bengaluru. The two-day Congress is India’s leading platform for technology stakeholders. The event is a Platform of Platforms for the Internet of Things, focused on providing an immersive view of IoT and the future it presents. Raj Kumar Srivastava, APCCF & Advisor, Department of IT, BT & S&T, Government of Karnataka, inaugurated the event, where he spoke on the importance of collaboration between stakeholders in the ecosystem. He highlighted that the government of Karnataka always aims to work with the players with an aim to co-create and co-innovate. This was followed by the formal launchof the IoT Live Experience Zones for healthcare and digital communications.
Giving his wishes to the event, Honourable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, said in a written message, “Our world is witnessing paradigm shifts on a scale never imagined before. Technologies like Blockchain and Internet of Things are going to reshape forever the way we live and work. An exciting future of opportunities and challenges await us…I hope the IoT India Congress 2018 will provide a common forum for deeper engagement between all stakeholders in this domain.”.
One of the key highlights of the day is the launch of Future of Mobility and Transport focus, India’s first neutral platform for all mobility stakeholders. The FOMT Focus will have 4 panels – one each, dedicated to Urban Mobility, Rural Mobility, Logistics and Freight and a fourth for Policy. The panels will focus on decongestion, decarbonisation, improving citizen convenience, enabling non-farm employment and improving efficiencies in the logistics sector.
This edition of IoT India Congress will focus on six tracks – Healthcare, Manufacturing, Digital Communications, Standards, Media and Smart Cities. Technologies and approaches that have the potential to transform business including AI, Blockchain and Cyber Security will form an integral part of discussion across all tracks.
Some of the key highlights of the event will be:
- Workshops: Spanning latest conversations in IoT, the sessions will explore success stories and business models. An exclusive session for academia will discuss their apprehensions and challenges in evolving an IoT- centered curriculum and guidance to overcome these obstacles
- PoP +91: A first of its kind Open Innovation Platform for celebrity speakers, industry experts and thought leaders. The open stage will witness product launches, demos, success stories and use case presentations.
- Speed Dating: Led by 100 Open Start-ups, this segment will feature curated, focused meetings between high caliber start-ups and enterprises geared to demonstrate business outcomes.
- IoT Live Zones: An IoT Live experience zone where attendees can touch, feel and experience IoT. A primary healthcare center of the future, telecom experience zone for 5G, NBIoT, Sigfox and LoRa technologies, smart cities experience live zone for smart homes, education, grids a nd governance as well as a Smart Manufacturing/ Industry 4.0 zone will be on showcase.
More than 80 speakers from various leading companies like GE, Philips, Tata Group, IBM, AT&T Global Network Services, Fortis Hospital, Vodafone, Bharti Airtel, etc. will participate in the Congress and discuss how IoT is changing the landscape of the industry.
The Congress will also host the prestigious IoT Thought Leadership Award 2018 and IoT Start-Up Awards 2018 which will recognise exemplary work done by individuals and start-ups respectively in the IoT space.
- T V Ramachandran Honarary fellow IET, President, Broadband India Forum
- Sachin Gaur, Co-ordinator, EU–India Cooperation, ICT-Related Standardisation, Policy and Legislation
- Rishi Bhatnagar, Chairman of IET India IoT Panel
- ShekharSanyal, Director and country Head of the IET
Speaking on the sidelines of the event, Dr. Rishi Bhatnagar, Chairman of the IET India IoT Panel and President, Aeris Communications said, “Started with a vision to provide people a platform for individuals, the IoT India Congress encourages them to meet and create a roadmap for IoT adoption beyond the borders of their organisations. We, at the IET IoT Panel, believe in connecting industry leaders to further the growth and adoption of IoT Technology. It’s encouraging to see the participation of IoT enthusiasts at the third edition of IoT India Congress and we look forward to more engaging sessions tomorrow.”
“This edition of the IoT India Congress is showcasing the outstanding application of IoT deployment in various sectors in India and the role startups are playing in the industry. The internet of things is a platform business and instead of working in silos, it requires businesses to come together and integrate ideas and technologies to create the future. It is exciting to see the entire tech community come together to chart out the way forward in the industry. In this edition of the congress we have multiple tracks and with the inclusion of sessions such as PoP +91, Speed dating, Healthcare Live Session and Argonaut, we see a greater level of excitement from participants.” said Mr. ShekharSanyal, Director and Country Head of the IET.
IoT is here to stay and it is growing rapidly. It is estimated that less than 0.1% of devices that can be connected to the internet are connected. It has also been estimated that 50 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020 – I believe that this is an underestimation. Therefor the IoT India Congress is an appropriate platform to discuss the Internet of Things (IoT) on the Internet of Everything (IoE). To young entrepreneurs in India. I urge you to reflect upon the business opportunities that can come your way through the IoT.” said Shri Prem Behl, Chairman, Exhibitions India Group.